Sunday, February 8, 2009

Trinidad 3 Miler

Yesterday my dad, my sister, Esther, and I went to Trinidad to run a race with the Crater team (local high school). We woke up at 6 am to get on the road and where crammed in the car the entire way up there. When we finally got there we had to get registered, because they hadn't gotten our check in the mail. After waiting an hour we finally lined up at the starting line. I waited in the back of the line instead of the front, because it was a chipped race and I wanted to feel like I was passing people. Once I got started on the race I ran with Steen for little bit whose a friend from school that also has a sibling on the cross country team. After running with Steen for a while I sped up and ran past Esther (she was running a longer race) who was being trailed by a little seven year old girl that finished right behind me. Once I passed Esther my legs started to hurt and I almost stopped. After a while I finally made it to the finish line but was to tired to sprint in. I finished in 22:58

3 comments:

  1. The weather was perfect this year- high 50's, sunshine, little wind. What a difference from last year when I huddles in the warm exhaust fumes of an idling vehicle to avoid hypothermia.
    Not a perfect day for my knee, as I was resigned to spectate, but I had fun driving while you all slept all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goin Zachary! I liked your description of the race from your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! Nice job, bud!

    ReplyDelete